The new Smalto clinic
Clean, soothing, playful, professional, advanced, innovative, pioneering; the new Smalto Dental Clinic is the one health-related place you want to be in! It was designed as an example of unique quality architecture, and is built on a truly unique location, between Strovolos Avenue and the Pediaios river linear park. Its privileged location within this rare urban green haven, coupled with the Smalto Team’s vision and determination have led to a project of both functional and aesthetic excellence. The open layout allows for the maximum view of the surrounding greenery, a delightful view of Nicosia from above and of the mountain tops in the distant horizon. Optimally ventilated, well shaded yet bathed in natural sunlight, the entire space delights the senses in a playful game of movement and communication within the building itself, and between the building and the surrounding environment.
Hygiene, safety and privacy at Smalto clinic
“Safety doesn’t happen by accident” - US Occupation Safety and Health Administration
Our patient-centred philosophy and insistence on doing things right means we put the patient’s safety at the top of our priority list.
With concern for your health and safety, and in accordance with accepted practices:
- We have an infection control program in place which includes the cleaning and sterilisation of reusable dental instruments and devices
- We are equipped to respond to medical emergencies involving both patients and employees with comprehensive fist aid kits
- We ensure the correct segregation, storage and disposal of waste is carried out, minimising the release of hazardous wastes into the environment
- We adhere to all ISO Dentistry Standards
- We are committed to protecting your privacy, treating all communications and records pertaining to your care as confidential.
Your first dental visit at Smalto dental clinic: what to expect
“Relax. You have just walked into the care zone” - Smalto Saying
Visiting a new dentist for the first time can be overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. At Smalto Dental Clinic we have gone out of our way to create an environment, which both soothes and pleases. You can book a consultation session that will give you the opportunity to come and have a look around, get to know us and hear what we have to say about our treatment approaches, and get a feel for what it’s like to be a patient here. We want to provide you with the best possible care and encourage you to ask questions or discuss any concerns you may have about your dental health.
During the first visit, we provide adults with the following:
- Introduction to our clinic dentists, staff and environment
- Evaluation of medical and dental history, oral hygiene instructions and information about gum diseases.
- A comprehensive examination, which includes an examination of the mouth for cavities, gum disease, other dental issues and evaluation of the oral cavity for cancer screening, orthodontic examination and evaluation
- All necessary radiographs(x-rays) as well as extra-oral and intra-oral pictures
- A discussion of the findings, treatment options and a customised treatment plan based on your individual needs.
Dealing with dental phobia
“Faced with the choice of enduring a bad toothache or going to the dentist, we generally tried to ride out the bad tooth” - Joseph Barbera
Dental phobia is more common than you may think. We know that for many of you visiting the dentist is a daunting experience, but this doesn’t need to be the case. At Smalto Dental Clinic we focus on providing you with the proper dental care you need, while respecting your fears and helping to make your dental treatment a fear-free and painless experience.
We are well trained and have lots of experience with nervous patients. Most importantly, we are not here to judge you. We are here to help you. We will ensure that you feel relaxed and have the most comfortable experience possible during your visit. At Smalto Dental Clinic we do not believe in the “one size fits all” approach to pain control. Instead we offer several options including anxiolytics, nitrous oxide/laughing gas, patient sedation, even general anaesthesia if needed.
At Smalto Dental Clinic you will be greeted by friendly faces, in a safe and welcoming environment and a non-clinic like atmosphere, which is specifically designed to make you feel happy and relaxed. Our dentists are openly communicative and will answer any questions you may have about any procedure. What’s more, our dentists and the entire Smalto team will listen to your concerns and address them in a respectful manner.
We understand how crippling dental phobia can be, that is why we will discuss your treatment options with you and, not only request and consider your input, but work with you to develop a treatment program that accommodates your fears and concerns.
No two individuals are alike. Each person is different and should have anaesthetics designed to accommodate different physiological and psychological treatment needs. At Smalto, we do just that.
Relax: enjoy our music
Our patients know that we love art and music as much as we love our work! So, we have put together a selection of music which we hope you will enjoy. While you wait for your appointment, try relaxing by listening to the Smalto music. Also, feel free to ask your dentist to put music of your choice!